- Australian scientists have discovered Earth’s oldest asteroid strike occurred at Yarrabubba, in outback Western Australia. (more)
- Palestine retained the title of Bangabandhu Gold Cup International Football tournament beating Burundi by 3-1 in the final. (more)
- A new species of tiny, winged and feathered dinosaurs, named Wulong bohaiensis, was found in northeastern China. (more)
- Norway topped the list of Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) Democracy Index with an overall score of 9.71. (more)
- Bangladesh became the first country in South Asia to introduce e-passport as the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the e-passport services. (more)
- South Korean film Parasite became the first non-English film to win the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. (more)
- Veteran Spanish driver Carlos Sainz won the Dakar Rally for the third time in Saudi Arabia. (more)
- Canadian researchers have developed a process to modify red blood cells so they can be used to distribute drugs throughout the body. (more)
- American scientists have created the world's first living, self-healing robots, named xenobots, using stem cells from frogs. (more)
- India's latest communication satellite GSAT-30, aimed at providing high-quality television, telecommunications and broadcasting services, was successfully launched. (more)
|D+ Editors' Picks
France is the New World’s Most Positive Country for 2019
France was crowned as the World’s Most Positive Country for the first time ever in 2019, according to the annual global index published by Daily Positive (D+).
- France topped the list of most positive countries for the first time ever.
- The USA jumped back into the list in 2019 after missing out last year.
- Canada moved down to the sixth position from the top of the list within a year.
- Ethiopia, South Korea, Denmark, Costa Rica and Argentina are the regional winners.
- Global citizens continued to have positive projection for the world, for the second consecutive year.
- Australia, China and Germany are the only three countries that made it to all the previous lists of most positive countries. (More)