- Veteran Spanish driver Carlos Sainz won the Dakar Rally for the third time in Saudi Arabia. (more)
- Canadian researchers have developed a process to modify red blood cells so they can be used to distribute drugs throughout the body. (more)
- American scientists have created the world's first living, self-healing robots, named xenobots, using stem cells from frogs. (more)
- India's latest communication satellite GSAT-30, aimed at providing high-quality television, telecommunications and broadcasting services, was successfully launched. (more)
- Brazil inaugurated the country's new Antarctica scientific base, Comandante Ferraz Antarctic Station, on King George Island. (more)
- English cricketer Ben Stokes was voted as International Cricket Council (ICC) player of the year. (more)
- Swiss researchers have discovered a meteorite containing the oldest material ever found on Earth. (more)
- South African Rugby captain Siya Kolisi was voted the UK Rugby Union Writers' Club personality of the year. (more)
- Canadian researchers have created new software which determines the accuracy of computer predictions of genetic variation within tumour samples. (more)
- SpaceX in the USA launched its third batch of 60 Starlink satellites into space, in an effort to build a 12,000-strong or even more satellite network. (more)
|D+ Editors' Picks
France is the New World’s Most Positive Country for 2019
France was crowned as the World’s Most Positive Country for the first time ever in 2019, according to the annual global index published by Daily Positive (D+).
- France topped the list of most positive countries for the first time ever.
- The USA jumped back into the list in 2019 after missing out last year.
- Canada moved down to the sixth position from the top of the list within a year.
- Ethiopia, South Korea, Denmark, Costa Rica and Argentina are the regional winners.
- Global citizens continued to have positive projection for the world, for the second consecutive year.
- Australia, China and Germany are the only three countries that made it to all the previous lists of most positive countries. (More)