From Daily Positive
Daily Positive (D+) is a not-for-profit media initiative of Arif Systems to accumulate, store and publish exclusively positive news from every country around the world. D+ collects news for 365 days of the year, from all countries, and spread notable, extraordinary and uplifting information from each culture.
D+ started its official journey on 25 November 2010. We invite volunteers, students, writers, researchers, professionals and people who are passionate about spreading positive news to discover and share the daily positives.
Dr. Arif Jubaer, the founder of D+, initially has supported the project with money saved from scholarships while he was a student completing his Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at The University of Melbourne. He hopes that D+ will give back a sense of opportunity, friendship and positive cross cultural learning throughout the global community. He can be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events & Activities
- The 2013 D+ Carnival was held throughout the month of March 2013. This year D+ celebrated the joys and delights of South-East Asia.
- Following last year’s grand success, World’s Most Positive Countries 2012 (WMPC'12) was observed with more enthusiasms and excitements.
- D+ will conduct the social media fan rating for World’s Most Positive Countries 2012 on SoGoSurvey
- The inaugural D+ Carnival was held throughout the month of March 2012. This year D+ and its fans celebrated the joys and delights of Africa.
- D+ organized the inaugural World’s Most Positive Countries program in order to recognize countries around the globe with most positive initiatives and actions in November 2011.
- D+ founder Dr. Arif Jubaer gave a keynote speech titled “Challenges in getting an ICT startup up and running on the case of D+” at the Science and Engineering Expo 2011 in Canberra, Australia on August 16, 2011.
- D+ participated in Earth Hour 2011 in Melbourne, Australia on March 26, 2011 from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- D+ started a new program “Did You Know?” on March 6, 2011. Under this program D+ shares random positive news on the main page and on social medias from its rich collection of positivity on every country around the world.
- Germany’s international broadcaster Deutsche Welle interviewed Daily Positive (D+) founder Arif Jubaer on 26th January 2010. The interview was conducted in Bangla by Deutsche Welle Bengali. The interview can be found at Report and Audio.
- D+ organized Wikipedia’s tenth anniversary in Melbourne on January 15, 2011. D+ thanks Wikipedia to provide us with the opportunity to organize this event. For more information visit Wikipedia.
- D+ commenced its new look on January 1, 2011. D+ added flags for each country which were collected from IP2Location and http://www.free-flags.me.uk/. Apart from that, D+ also added information, such as, official country name, location, capital, area and population for each country. This information was collected from The World Factbook of Central Intelligence Agency.
- D+ was officially launched in Melbourne, Australia at ANZSCON on November 25, 2010 at 4.40pm local time.